Thursday 20 September 2012

Damn you Forgeworld! (you can't help but love them!)


Don't get me wrong, I love all the miniatures Forgeworld produce, especially all the space marine stuff. It's just that the pre-heresy books from the Black Library have been an on going thing for quite a while now, and only now have Forgeworld caught up. The problem is that I originally started my Death Guard army after reading the first couple of books. Since then I've been converting all my models to look more suitable for a pre-heresy army and Forgeworld have been releasing lovely new models of the various mk's of armour, all of which look so much better than my models. I also have a few vehicles sat still on the sprues waiting to be included in my army. I figured if I'd gone to all the effort of altering my normal troops it would be a shame not to do the same for the vehicles. Below is a Rhino door I sculpted a while back which I intend to use on both my rhino's and my mkIIb land raider.




Today I look on the forgeworld website and notice a link for their up coming releases at Games Day, only to see the following:

I know there's only so much you can vary a design to include the correct iconography but the likeness is there. The only difference is the obvious massive leap in quality, oh and the fact that mine were intended to show the rhino belongs to the seventh company! So the question now is do I stick with my own creation or just be lazy and get the forgeworld stuff. I know which my bank balance would prefer!

Thanks for reading.

Andy


No comments:

Post a Comment