Saturday 2 June 2012

Post Heresy Death Guard

Just while I have a few spare minutes I thought I'd share some pictures of my Chaos Nurgle army. The army follows the pre heresy colour scheme fairly closely, albeit with more filth and corruption. There were two main reasons for this. First I didn't want to do the standard nurgle dark green scheme and also if it came to playing a huge apocalypse game I could use both together as one huge army.



I decided speed would have to be the key to painting these guys so after a black undercoat the models were airbrushed with Dheneb Stone and then washed all over with Devlan Mud. Then a drybrush of Skull White/Dheneb Stone mix for the main colour.



Again for the Great Unclean One drybrushing was the main technique, just using various colours and some washing to add depth.


The Defiler was basecoated with a mid brown (I forget the exact colour now) and then dabbed all over with a sponge dipped in Fiery Orange. Then a sponge was used again but dipped in boltgun metal to get the non rusted parts.



No comments:

Post a Comment